christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

Invincible Summer

Invincible Summer - Hannah Moskowitz Hannah Moskowitz has a tendency to write books that stay with you long after you've read them. The characters stay with you, haunting you long after you've finished their story. Invincible Summer is no exception, even though I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked.This is one of those books that I know I would have enjoyed more had I not already read most of Moskowitz's other works. If I'd read this first, I would have fallen more in love with it, but as it was, I'm more in like. Mostly like.I found the constant quoting of Camus distracting(from memory, no less - now, my memory is ghastly but I was able to memorize lines for plays and I could do it again, no problem, but damn. All from memory?). I think it would have been more effective had it been done sparsely, but as it was almost every five pages or so, it became almost...irritating. I love Camus, but it seemed like the characters were being pretentious and I kinda wanted to smack 'em. Then again I am easily irritated and so it could just be me. Invincible Summer is worth the read, but I can't recommend it as enthusiastically as I can Break or Gone, Gone, Gone. Those I always put on display in our teen area and recommend them to everyone who will listen. This one won't get that treatment, but a decent Moskowitz is head and shoulders over most of the other offerings in the YA section.