christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

NOS4A2

NOS4A2 - 4.5 starsAfter reading this, I told my husband, "I think this is Joe Hill's IT."He replied, "That's a bold statement."Indeed it is. And it's not made lightly.As I read NOS4A2, I could see shades of some of Stephen King's best work: Christine, 'Salem's Lot, IT, The Shining, Children of the Corn, The Dead Zone, The Tommyknockers. They were shades, though, maybe not even intentional homages (except that reference to Pennywise, which made me squeal in delight), as this is very much Joe Hill's baby. Being a horror fan, it takes a lot to truly rattle me. This book did. I actually had a few nightmares, and I'm fairly sure I'm not going to hear another Christmas carol without thinking of Charles Manx. This book crept under my skin, poking around until it got me in its hooks. I won't give away any spoilers but I will say that it's not often that a horror novel is terrifying as well as uplifting and heartbreaking. And that ending...my god.Do yourself a favor and get this book, unless you truly detest horror. And then do it anyway, because you are depriving yourself by not reading this.