christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

Cherished

Cherished - Maya Banks, Lauren Dane 2 stars for Exiled, 3 for Sway. Let's break it down, shall we?Exiled by Maya Banks1.5 stars for plot, 3 for the sex scenes. Mmkay. The plot for Exiled was downright silly. You got a rich as fuck prince (meh), a private island (meh again), a goddamn contract (ugh), and a girl prized for her virginity (#%$^$%!!).What saved it, then? Well, I thought the sex scenes were cool. Not all the acts, mind you, but I thought Xander's (goofy name) friends/assistants were awesome. I loved badass Sebastien, strong and silent Garon, and tender but intense Nico. If the story was more about them...no, if it was about them and various conquests, emitting Talia and Xander completely, I would have enjoyed it more.Sway by Lauren Dane3 stars for plot, 3 for the sex scenes.Lauren Dane knows how to build up tension and make people care about her characters. By the first page I know the kind of man Levi was, and how alluring Daisy was as well. Also kudos for having Daisy be a successful, strong woman who knows what she wants. I'm pretty tired of seeing a girl get flirted with and have her become a clumsy fool. Have her flirt back, dammit. Own that shit.Anyway, the story wasn't perfect, but it was fun and even a bit deep. I'm looking forward to reading more of Dane's writing, and learning more about these characters.