christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

A breakdown of author/reviewer behavior (according to me)

Things I've seen in "nasty" reviews:

• snarky comments about author's writing abilities
  • snarky comments about a character's intelligence and physical appearance
  • animated gifs
  • encouragement for other readers not to read the book
  • cursing
  • name calling of characters in the book (not of authors)

Things I've seen from authors (some professionally represented, some self-published, some well-known or even famous, some unknown):

• snarky comments about reviewer's personal life, intelligence and appearance
  • sharing of reviewer's personal information
  • remarks suggesting that people inflict emotional or physical harm on the reviewer
  • encouragement for the reviewer to "get a life" or commit suicide
  • speculation of reviewer's sex life, appearance, and writing abilities
  • encouragement for other readers to harass a reviewer
  • cursing

I might be forgetting a few things, but in case you were wondering why some of us are disgusted with GoodReads...there it is.