christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

[SIC] - Davis Schneiderman Disclaimer: An ARC was provided for an honest review, and I am thankful for the opportunity.I don't know if I can rate this one.It's actually not meant to be read. That must sound strange, but this appropriation of public domain works along with some odd photographs is more of a comment on works in the public domain and art/creativity in general. The works are diverse - code for a virus, Hamlet, chain letters, ballads...they've all got that connection. They're out there for grabs. Take what you want. Pass it on. It belongs to all of us.While I have nothing against works like fanfiction and "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies", I think plagiarism, or outright theft of someone else's work and claiming it for yourself, is deplorable. It's cowardly and pathetic, and there is no excuse for it.The thing is, those who truly plagiarize wouldn't come up with something like this, a statement of what works belong to everyone and no one. They would merely steal, and not really say anything. They have nothing to say, so they take someone else's words.[sic]'s photography didn't resonate with me, and it's hard to remember that it's not meant to be read as prose. Still, it's a fascinating work. At the end of the day, though, I didn't really get it, so I don't think I can fairly rate this one. Take a look and decide for yourself.