christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

Love is a Many Trousered Thing - Louise Rennison Ah, young love. It's ghastly and stupid. Particularly if your ex, your sort-of boyfriend, and your friend that you are quite obviously attracted to are all in the mix.Luckily we have Georgia Nicolson to sort it all out for us.Our little girl is growing up, and in the eighth installment of this series, Georgia is demonstrating her maturity. Now, I'm going to go ahead and say that she's quite ignorant about sexuality, but as she's SUPPOSED to be an ignorant young girl (that's ignorant, not hate-filled or stupid, and yes, there is a difference), I was able to let her potentially offensive statements go. Some others may not. Now, she doesn't say there's anything wrong with being gay (that would have equalled an automatic one star for me) but she thinks she spots her neighbor wearing a dress (she's mistaken) and wonders if he's gay. I befriended a man in college who loved to dress in drag and he was as straight as they come.Anyway, digressions. The maturity in question comes about when Miss Thing needs to make a decision about whom she's going to be with (and as it's not the last book in the series, I'm sure this isn't her final decision). While she is young and confused, she makes sure not to string her guys along and feels guilty about being a little heartbreaker. So basically this teenage girl shows more maturity and decency than a lot of women who are at the forefront of all these New Adult books.I was actually surprised by the emotional intensity of the ending. Things are about to get more interesting for Georgia and a certain you-know-who Dave the Laugh! Love him!, and I'm ever impatient to get the next books. As DTL (Dave the Laugh) would say, "Time waits for no pants."More fun:- "I really like you, and think you are the bee's knees, etc."Masimo said, "I am the knees of a bee?"Also "He's been to London to see the sardine" is an outstanding euphemism. Cheers to Libby.