christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

The Dude and the Zen Master - Jeff Bridges, Bernie Glassman Once in a while you spot something on the bookshelf at your local library and decide to give it a shot. For me, this happens almost every day since I work in a library. "The Dude and the Zen Master" is an example of this sort of thing. I'm a big fan of Jeff Bridges, and I've loved The Big Lebowski since I first saw it years ago. I'm not much for meditation, though I probably need it since I'm all over the place mentally, but I figured "what the hell. I'll read it. If it sucks, DNF."I have a habit of bookmarking pages to look back on for quotes, review, or research. I bookmarked about every other page of "The Dude and the Zen Master."There are those who won't care for the way it's written, which is basically as a conversation between the two authors, Mr. Bridges and Bernie Glassman, a Buddhist Zen master and a longtime friend of the actor. I found the conversational style to be beneficial as it allowed the authors to expound on their thoughts and occasionally play devil's advocate. Now that I'm thinking about it, this would make an excellent gift for anyone who is a Lebowski fan or who is interested in learning more about the Zen lifestyle.Also Jeff Bridges favorited a tweet I sent to a wrestler buddy of mine so I WIN, SUCKAS!