christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

Showtime (Marvelle Circus, #1) - Chloe Kayne 2.5 starsA Kindle copy of the book was provided by the author for an honest review. What I liked:- The descriptions. I could feel, taste, smell everything that Kayne described. Although they went on a bit for my taste (does it matter that a random guy was wearing a cream-colored shirt?).- The setting. A YA story that takes place in a circus? Yes please!What I didn't like:- I found a few typos. I know that it happens, but it bothers me to see them in a finished book.- The pacing. I'm easily distracted, but I was often confused by what was happening and had to reread many passages.- The characters. I didn't connect with ANY of them. I felt for Laila at first, but then she became a massive bitch.- General confusion. I'd forgotten this took place in the twenties. I wish there had been more references to the time period. I saw a review of this that said there should have been more references to WWI and I agree. The verdict:- I probably won't be reading the sequel, as I didn't connect with any of the characters. But I will say that Kayne has talent, and I won't write off reading her work in the future.