christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

Good Life Lab: Radical Experiments in Hands-On Living - Wendy Tremayne Here's the thing - I have the utmost respect for ultimate DIYers, those who can cultivate the land and make their own food, shelter, clothes, etc. every time they need it. But it's not me.Don't get me wrong - I'm not one to never try something. I've made chicken mole from scratch, a dish so complicated I once saw it described as "a recipe that only a few people have probably actually made" in a cookbook. I made a huge majority of the favors as well as the invitations and thank you cards for my own wedding (never again). I've done other things that required time and effort, and will do so again in the future, all the while wondering if it's worth it.The tasks in this book, though, overwhelm me and do not inspire me. I have zero interest in cultivating a garden, making my own clothes, creating homemade soap, etc. I don't have the time, but more importantly, I don't have the patience or even the desire to do these things.So while this book is not for me, it will be a wondrous addition to the bookshelf of a very motivated person. To that person I say kudos, and enjoy. I myself will be moving on.