christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin Edit: Actual rating: More like 2.5 stars. Why not three? Because I'm tired of seeing female protagonists lose their shit over hot guys. Seriously. I think I would have loved the idea of Mara and Noah more if he was the quiet weird guy with a scar on his face rather than the smarmy, Dr. Sexy rich kid he was.Since I love lists, I think I'll put this review in list format (L.A.B.):Stuff I liked:-The cover. It's arty and eerie.-Weird flashbacks, supernatural happenings. Stuff I didn't like but later liked/might like in future books of the series:-Mara's sexual hang ups, as in disliking sexy girls and sexual images, but this might have been because of her incident with Jude. Might be explained in later books, too.-Jamie. He's pretty much the Greek chorus, and I didn't see the point in making him bi, Jewish, and black, but again, more can come into play in future books, so we'll see.-Noah. He bored the shit out of me at first, as did Mara's "I hate him but he's DTF" take on him, but I liked their relationship by the very end of the book. Plus Noah's backstory gave him some depth.In short, a good story, I didn't love it, but didn't hate it, but most importantly, I'm interested in what happens next, and isn't that what it's all about? :)