christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

The Price of Falling - Melanie Tushmore I loved, loved, loved this book. It's the first time in a long time that I read an entire book in one sitting, but this was fantastic!The Price of Falling has a running start and doesn't look back. I feel for Mike almost immediately, and Jason...oh, Jason. There were times I wanted to grab through the book and shake him, but Tushmore's characterization of him let us know that there was so much more going on with this character. One look at the premise and you'd think that this was just a smutty, soulless story; Every time Mike looks at Jason, he feels something he's never felt before. Once he finds out Jason will do just about anything for money, he starts toying with the idea of dipping into his college fund to test this theory. After one encounter, though, Mike is hooked, and the two begin an unusual relationship/agreement. What makes this story so fantastic is that there's so much more to Jason than his rough exterior, and Mike's desire for Jason is more than just lust. In all honesty, this is one of the most realistic depictions of a love story that I've read in a long time. Word of warning - you're going to read scenes that will make you gasp, scream, and cry. Still, this story moves along at a believable pace, and I actually cheered at the ending. As in I APPLAUDED. I have RARELY done that, but I think if you read this, you'll do the same.Melanie Tushmore, I'm your latest fan!