christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

How to Sharpen Pencils - David Rees, John Hodgman Before you read this book, you should check out these clips:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH12suXxjQYhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8u4CEBVq7sIf you thought they were stupid and pointless, you're most likely not going to enjoy How To Sharpen Pencils. If you thought they were at least amusing, you'll probably like this book.I said this in my first status, but this isn't a collection of humorous "how to" essays. It is quite literally a guide on how to sharpen pencils, with a heavy dose of surrealism. Here are some actual quotes from the book:"Does the humanoid accept pencil-shavings as money?""I am literally sharpening a pencil in a Jamaican waterfall!""I am about to straight skull-fuck your mind.""Everybody stop having so many abortions...some of your are having twenty abortions per week...enough is enough...Happy Easter from the Magic Kingdom..." (this is part of an impression of the Pope sharpening a pencil)So, yeah.I've found the best way to enjoy this book was to read it as if it were an actual pencil sharpening manual and letting the psychotic randomness just sort of "happen". The very, very detailed parts of the actual act of sharpening pencils gets tedious, but then David Rees hits you with his odd humor to bring your attention span right back.In short, Andy Kaufman would have loved this book. Take that as you will.