christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

How to Read a Painting: Lessons from the Old Masters - Patrick De Rynck Everyone can appreciate fine art, and How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck is a handy guide for art appreciation and recognizing symbolism in paintings. The book is especially helpful in that it doesn't merely describe a painting, it provides pictures and close ups of details. The story behind the subjects of the paintings is also given considerate attention, as a chaotic scene in The Rape of the Sabine Women by Nicolas Poussin is broken down in historic detail. There are quite a few religious works in the book, with Biblical scenes explained for those not familiar with some already famous tales from the Old or New Testament.