christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

The Social Atom: Why the Rich Get Richer, Cheaters Get Caught, and Your Neighbor Usually Looks Like You - Mark Buchanan Although I've always been terrible at science, the concept of The Social Atom intrigued me, as the author argues that physics have a place in sociology and human behavior. On his blog, the author describes the basic ideas of the book, noting the correlation between education and birth rates as well as the patterns that develop in crowds. What's appealing about "The Social Atom" is that the explanations for such phenomena are both highly scientific as well as straightforward and understandable. One memorable aspect of the book is Buchanan's dissection of The Prisoner's Dilemma, which is a philosophical argument that explains how its more in one's self interest to not rat out friends when given an opportunity to do so, as both you and your partner in crime would benefit from both of you keeping your mouths shut.