christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

The Alchemist's Daughter - Katharine McMahon The Alchemist's Daughter (by Katherine McMahon) is set in early eighteenth century, where Emilie Selden is an apprentice of her father John, a natural philosopher and alchemist. She herself is an experiment of his, her learning process, with all her successes and failures being documented in a notebook by him every night. He shelters her from the outside world, and when a clergyman named Thomas Shales arrives at their home and takes an interest in Emilie, showing their shared fascination with natural philosophy, John forbids him from the home. When dashing young Robert Aislabie arrives, John's sway over his daughter is challenged and their futures are irrevocably changed.Note: I didn't find the character particularly likeable, and for most, rooted for their deaths. Take that as you will.