christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

Legend - Marie Lu This book will inevitably get compared to The Hunger Games, but in truth, it's an unfair comparison. Legend is its own story, with fresh original characters and a setting you can practically touched. The acknowledgments mention an upcoming film, and I'm not surprised. Producers would be idiots to let an epic story like this one go.Plenty of readers are tired of dystopic novels and futuristic settings, and for good reason. As Twilight inspired an influx of paranormal romance and less-than-savory love interests, The Hunger Games has piqued the industry's focus onto doomsday governments and rebellions headed by teenagers. You might not want to have anything to do with something set in the future with a corrupt government and a strange plague. You might not be interested in reading Legend at all.You still have got to read this book.This book had me invested from the first page. I put down a Harry Potter book and stayed up well past midnight reading Legend. I absolutely cannot wait to read the next book, and I'm already dizzy at the idea of a movie coming out. Legend captured me completely. I'm totally invested in the story now, and I love that.Some things I loved: -Yes, I saw a twist coming, but it unfolded in an unexpected way. Plus I think there's more to what was revealed in this book-No whitewashing. It was so refreshing to see diversity in this story.-I could feel the characters's pain, and sympathized with them.-The dialogue felt natural. That almost never happens, especially in YA.-I could SEE the action in my head. -The author did her homework and paid attention to detail, but never described something that wasn't relevant.You want a soundbite? I'll keep it brief: Do yourself a favor and read this book. It might not be your taste, you might have given up on YA, but I promise you, you won't be disappointed.Ms. Lu, you have a new fan. Keep up the great work.