christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

[reblog] “He Looks Mixed Race”. “Divergent” & White Privilege.

"I don’t think [Veronica] Roth has much say on the casting of the film of her book ["Divergent]. She certainly hasn’t been on lengthy bragging sprees about how “interfere-y” she’s been like Cassandra Clare was with “The Mortal Instruments” (her backtracking on that has been one of the pop culture highlights of my year). I understand not wanting to annoy the film’s producers or cause a fuss that could turn into something more public. However, her noted U-turn on the issue has to be addressed. We have to discuss the wider implications of what she’s said, what she hasn’t said and how the white privilege prevalent throughout the fandom and the industry has polluted the world at large."

Read more at The Book Lantern

Source: http://ceilidhann.booklikes.com/post/539422/-he-looks-mixed-race-divergent-white-privilege-
Reblogged from rameau's ramblings