christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

Graphic design belongs to all of us.

Go: A Kidd's Guide to Graphic Design - Chip Kidd

In case you didn't know, Chip Kidd is The Man when it comes to book cover design. He created the iconic cover for Jurassic Park (later used to help sell the movie), as well as numerous others you'll undoubtedly recognize and admire.

His awesome work can be found here: http://www.chipkidd.com/gallery.html

Go is Kidd's guide to graphic design, keeping a lighthearted tone and a positive attitude throughout.  His assertions that anyone can be a designer is contagious, and forces the reader to try to think of ways to unleash his/her creativity.

Go insert - chip kidd

Some of his "assignments" are fun, such as picking the font that best represents you (mine was "perfect for scary stories or depicting the word 'filthy'"...heh.). Others are more challenging, like designing your own logo. Still, Kidd is enthusiastic about the subject, and this book will definitely gets some gears churning.