christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

"A man goes out on the beach and sees that it's covered with starfish that have washed up in the tide. A little boy is walking along, picking them up and throwing them back in the water.
'What are you doing, son?' the man asks. 'You see how many starfish there are? You'll never make a difference.'
And the boy pauses thoughtfully, picks up another starfish, and throws it back into the ocean. 'It sure made a difference to that one,' he said."
Now I'll Tell You Everything (Alice, #25) - Phyllis Reynolds Naylor

(mentioned in Now I'll Tell You Everything by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, story adapted from the essay "The Star Thrower" by Loren Eiseley)