christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

Gone, Gone, Gone

Gone, Gone, Gone - Hannah Moskowitz Hannah Moskowitz is one of those writers that sends other writers (e.g., schmucks like me) running back to the drawing board. She pulls you right into the characters's heads and has you deeply invested in their stories from the beginning. This book is written from two points of view, Craig's and Lio's. Their voices aren't very different, and normally this annoys the hell out of me, but in this case it lets the reader see that these boys are more similar than they realize.I love how this story moves forward and adds layers without becoming obtuse, and of course I love the diversity in this book. We don't have enough GLBT and/or non-Caucasian characters in YA.I bought this book during my honeymoon but I think I might donate it to my library so that other people can enjoy it. Books like these need to be shared.