christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

Go Ask Alice

Go Ask Alice - Beatrice Sparks, Anonymous The best way to sum this book up is to channel Paul F. Tompkins:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk_-u0wejk8“Alright, when I was a kid, there was this book that I’d heard about … that was so scary, I was afraid to read it. My little school chums had read it, brothers and sisters, my cousins. They all told me ‘If you read this book, it will scare you to DEATH.’ I was terrified of it! The name of this book was Go Ask Alice....So...so clearly written by the writing staff of Dragnet. Some afternoon, they had a late tee time, and they’re like ‘Ey, you wanna write a phony diary, scare kids off drugs?’So in this book, like, you can see where they don’t quite have a handle on the youth culture like they thought they did. There’s like, this section where she’s talking about how she tried LSD, and so she writes, ‘Last night I tried acid for the first time. It was pretty good, but I can’t wait to try pot.’ Get the order right, at least. LSD is not the gateway to pot. ‘Wow, last night was amazing, when I had that conversation with the earth, but what’s it like to have a slightly dry mouth? Oh, the limits of mankind’s imaginations!’”There are indeed sections of this book that are enjoyable, but knowing that it's a propaganda piece to scare kids rather than educate them, and that it's made up of BS, makes me ill. Hence the one star.