christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

Tart (A DELICIOUS NOVEL)

Tart - Lauren Dane Erotica with a plot? (gasp)I will first say that I like how Lauren Dane gives her characters complications - Jules embarks on a relationship with Cal and Gideon, and they encounter disgust and confusion from some of their loved ones. I say "some", because their friends and a few of their family members don't particularly care. Also, not everything is shiny and happy. Jules has family issues, Cal has to keep dealing with his past, and Gideon is still bitter about his ex-wife. They find ways to cope, though, and I'm not just referring to sex. They actually TALK to each other.As for talking, the dialogue is a bit much. People share their feelings, which is fine, but not everyone is quite so open as to spill their guts at the drop of a hat. Ultimately it's a good read, one that is worth a look, and I'm interesting in reading more about Dane's characters.And yes, the sex is awesome.