christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks - Well...I have to say I enjoyed this, but it didn't captivate me the way the Ruby Oliver books did. I did enjoy the way the story was told as it was unusual and effective, and while I very much enjoyed the character of Frankie, I wasn't too keen on the constant comparison of her to "typical girls". While I can agree that there is the standard "acceptable" girlish behavior as deemed by society, I've found that there aren't really any typical girls. Also, some of us have different reasons for doing what we do.I digress, as usual. I really liked Frankie. She was a fun character, and if there was another book out featuring her, I'd definitely read it. Overall I do recommend this, but not as enthusiastically as I'd like.This, however, is an excellent quote:"She wasn't a person who needed to be liked so much as she was a person who liked to be notorious."I can certainly identify with that.