christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

A sampling of some of the words used in Jim Nisbet's "Old and Cold"

Old and Cold - Jim Nisbet

Some of these I already knew, most I did not.

• ferromagnesian - containing iron and magnesium
    • parity - the state or condition of being equal, esp. regarding status or pay
    • floridity - very ornate; flowery
    • perimysia - the sheath of connective tissue enveloping bundles of muscle fibers
    • lasciviates - lustful, lewd, wanton; eliciting or expressing carnal desire
    • interpolates - to insert or introduce between other elements or parts
    • agglutination - the act or process of agglutinating; adhesion of distinct parts
    • timorously - fearful, timid
    • ostentate - to make an ambitious display of; to show or exhibit boastingly
    • amalgam - a mixture or blend.
    • efficacious - having the power to produce a desired result or effect
    • parse - to study (something) by looking at its parts
    • turpitude - depravity; wickedness.
    • remunerated - paid someone for services rendered or work done
    • contingencies - future events or circumstances that are possible but cannot be predicted with certainty
    • incapsulate - (or encapsulate) to encase in or as if in a capsule
    • abutment - a heavy structure that supports something (such as a bridge).
    • bifurcates - divides into two branches or forks
    • dramaturge - a writer or adapter of plays; a playwright; a position within a theatre that deals mainly with research and
    • ·
    • development
    • arcane - understood by few; mysterious or secret
    • persiflage - light and slightly contemptuous mockery or banter
    • synecdoche - a term for a part of something refers to the whole of something, or vice-versa
    • comestible - (n) an item of food; (adj) edible
    • palliative - relieving or soothing the symptoms of a disease or disorder without effecting a cure
    • amygdallae - an almond-shaped mass of gray matter in the anterior portion of the temporal lobe
    • medicaments - a substance used for medical treatment
    • reconnoiter - make a military observation of (a region)
    • crepitation - a crackling or rattling sound.
    • salubrious - healthy
    • musculature - the system or arrangement of muscles in a body, a part of the body, or an organ
    • germane - relevant to a subject under consideration
    • riposte - a quick clever reply to an insult or criticism
    • descries (sing. decry) - catch sight of