christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

Who Killed John F. Kennedy? - Justin Sewell, Michael  Schaub, Paul Stranger The masterminds at Despair, Inc. were generous enough to get me an ARC of this book after I expressed interest in it. I have to admit, the JFK assassination has intrigued me, but I've never been one of those devoted to the case, picking up intricate details, etc. Therefore I was intrigued to find out some strange details. It was almost like finding out that John Hinkley, Jr. (the man who shot Reagan in an attempt to impress Jodie Foster) intimately knew the Bush family by watching a Whitest Kids U' Know skit). (More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hinckley,_Jr.#Bush.E2.80.93Hinckley_family_connection)(The WKUK skit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI5_YuCWTMA)[is there anything better than Zach Cregger's amazingly terrible Reagan impression? "OH WE'RE GETTING A DEATH STAR!" I submit that there is not.)Which is to say, yes, this is a fun, rather odd way to learn about the JFK assassination and all the odd conspiracy theories out there (aliens! the CIA! etc.!), but knowledge is knowledge. And this book is goddamn clever. Also there's a recommended reading list at the back, so if this book gets you wondering more about the JFK assassination (and it will), there's more information (or disinformation, if you're paranoid), for you to peruse.I cannot WAIT for more Lose Your Own Adventure books, particularly The Glass Ceiling.(Also did you know George H.W. Bush was in Dallas working for the CIA when Kennedy was shot?)