christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

REBLOG: Anyone used "ReadUps" for buddy reads, penpal reads, BOTM, etc.?

Reblogged from here: http://donealrice.booklikes.com/post/608998/post

Absolutely not as an alternative to or replacement for Booklikes (or goodreads), but does anyone have any experience with or information on ReadUps (http://www.readups.com/)?

Site says: "A ReadUp is a social reading experience. Think of it as meeting up inside a book.

I was thinking about trying it in November, either just with one of the November new releases, in parallel with a goodreads group November BOTM (or booklikes if booklikes has groups by then), or just a random genre-I-like freebie/Prime downloaded in November.

I know nothing about so am not endorsing.  Not sure if it requires something unacceptable like purchasing books from them, sharing your email to "marketing partners," etc.

Just something I ran across researching book sites that looked interesting, possibly as a stopgap until booklikes groups get growing or as an add-on to booklikes/goodreads read-a-long type of things.

Site also says: (the part that worries me you might have to buy book from them) "ReadUps uses a web-based reading system for tablets and laptops. Create a ReadUp event and invite friends to read with you for a limited amount of time, sharing comments on paragraphs. It's free. Distributed. Ephemeral.Give people the URL to your ReadUp and you're good to go! When allotted time runs out, the ReadUp disappears. "

Screenshot:

Source: http://donealrice.booklikes.com/post/608989/anyone-used-readups-for-buddy-reads-penpal-reads-botm-etc-
Reblogged from Debbie's Spurts