christinawilder

I'll think of a damn title later

29we2#33WR@#)@$()!@*($#(%)_&*

Shirley Jackson, Francine Prose
No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
Naomi Klein
Progress: 158/528 pages
"I want to perform an unnatural act."

- Lenny Bruce

- Bill Hicks

-George Carlin

"The more I see, the less I know for sure."

- John Lennon

[REBLOG] The censorship just keeps piling up

Red tape, red tape, red tape everywhere you look it seems these days.

First GR gets it into their heads that it was good business to start silencing their reviewers and some websites claim that rating a book 1 star is emotional abuse towards an author. Never mind that stating that is an insult to real survivors of emotional abuse and bullying.

And now Amazon,Barnes & Noble, and WH Smith have gotten it on their heads to start censoring the content they sell because *gasp* it might just be rather risque and we can't have adults reading anything that sounds like fetish.

I have heard that the deletion is quite widespread, but consigned, it appears, to Indie authors, and Nenia Campbell got one of her books taken down because it was accused of content violation.

Here is a novel idea Amazon and all those big companies, how about tagging all this books as adult content and only selling to people who have stated their birth dates as older than 18?

Wait. What am I saying? Of course they can't take the logical and rational route, after all all this companies get a kick of pushing their delete button.

There is also a petition in progress right here that is aim at protesting the crazy notion that readers need to be protected from content they want to pay for.

Source: http://www.the-digital-reader.com/2013/10/13/amazon-bn-whsmith-now/#.Ul3e-1A7srn